View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 02:30 PM   #13
Taneli

Default Re: Blind Teleport into a Wall

You can end up with this in other ways too. Suppose someone went to your home and re-decorated while you were away? Your usual jumping spot (and you will have a usual jumping spot, only crazy or very trained people would alter their jumping spot every single time) might have the bloody ottoman on it!

It would be easiest to call it just a failure (-5 to use that ability for the next 10 minutes). Most experienced teleporters should know what the headache (I always picture the penalty as a headache) means. Even a critical failure isn't supposed to be always deadly straight away.

But then, what happens if you try to jump into a high-rise without seeing the place and the building was demolished last week? I'd rule that you just jump, and then have to deal with the fall and the sudden deceleration. Maybe carry a parachute, or invest into a Danger Sense (Only to avert teleportation accidents)?

As a side note, how much of a limitation would "Only to avert teleportation accidents, like jumping into into liquids or open air" be for Danger Sense? My gut directs me towards something like -50%, or even more of a discount. I mean, it takes away most of the usability of the Danger Sense, but when it applies, it can be literally life saving. Maybe even -80%? One could even see a version that works like normal, but only when you're about to teleport into a dangerous situation. That I would price at something like -30% or -40%.

Thoughts?
Taneli is offline   Reply With Quote