View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 09:50 PM   #5
Captain-Captain

Default Re: castling teleport

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth
We're using advantages, not spells. Warp even w/o blink can be used as a defense.

That eliminates the -10 in exchange for sending you in a random direction. Warp already includes the ability to make a dodge 'port to where you want ot go at -10.

That won't work for 2 reasons. First, you cannot normally use an affliction as a defense especially one that takes a concentrate manuever (malediction). Second, blink would be a random 'port where you are trying to 'port a specific target in the way.

A whole different set of problems, not the least of which you don't choose one specific target.

Example: 2 policemen are firing at Rook (my castling teleporter). Rook castles with one of the officiers as a defense placing the officer where he was and Rook where the officer was (if every roll is made). Officer is inserted into the line of fire presumably with a very good chance of getting hit. I'm costing this ability.

Example 2: Exo-port guy sees a thug with an SMG about to open fire. His dodge sucks so he instead teleports a nearby and pretty large barrier into the way. I would like to cost this ability as well.
Sorry. I read "Castling" as Casting and assumed you were converting the spells to a Power structure.

1) Using the Affliction for a defense is doable. Buy Compartmentalized Mind with the limit ONLY for Defense use of Affliction. You then have an extra mental action that turn to activate the Affliction defensively. I'd call it a -60% limit on Compartmentalized Mind so it would add [20] to the power.

2) It's still Snatcher. You just have a nuissance effect that causes something local that looks exactly like whatever it was you snatched from the Cosmos to vanish while you use the Snatcher power. Further nuissance. Any damage done to the 'Snatched' object is applied to the object that vanished. -20% for the nuissance assuming he's subject to lawsuits for property damage etc.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote