View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 08:42 PM   #1
naloth

Default castling teleport

I've having problems re-designing my 3rd edition castling teleporter. Here's what I currently have:

• IQ 12, Teleport Talent 4 (Psi)
  • Warp (Reliable +10 +50%, Link 20%, X-Hvy Enc +50%, max 10 yds -50%, Psi -10%) [110]
  • Afflication (Warp* +1500%, Link +10%, Malediction +200%, Psi -10%) [180]
    *Warp (Reliable +10 +50%, X-Hvy +50%, max 10 yds -50%)

Given IQ 12, max 10 yds, +10 reliable, and +4 talent he rolls vs a 16 to be able to teleport.

Commentary:
1) I took a non-reciprocial because he can 'port to places where there's nothing but air (no resist roll), but he cannot afflict warp w/o teleporting to that spot.

2) He can teleport as a defense, but does the linked ability also get launched? I realize it's a gamble, but he should be able to try to switch places with someone as a defense. If he cannot do this, what would it take to be able to do it?

3) Does talent add to both the Malediction (Will vs HT contest) and his IQ roll to 'port? I would guess yes (Warp is just a special case), but other opinions are welcome.

4) How would you represent that the success of his warp is directly tied to the success of the afflication - if either fail, nothing happens?

5) I'm considering it a special effect that he cannot drift since he only fails on a critical failure and that carries it own penalties.
naloth is online now   Reply With Quote