View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #36
combatmedic
Banned

Default Re: GURPS Fantasy , shared world, recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
combatmedic, I have a suggestion --

Instead of recruiting a small core of creators to commit to what looks like being a substantial content requirement, why don't you throw it open to more people to contribute perhaps smaller elements of the project.

You could write up a 'bible' for contributors to follow, and ask for one- or two- page treatments of their proposed elements.
I cannot write the setting bible until the setting itself has taken on a more definite shape. If I throw it wide open now, we're likely to have mountains of clashing material. That's why we start with a smaller group of contributors.

Don't be intimidated by 'content requirement.' A page or two on any given culture or nation is good enough. You don't have to crank out encyclopedia entries. Get the core ideas out there, and some little flashes of color, and you can build on it later, possibly with help from your peers.

edit- This doesn't mean that we cannot expand the number of contributors at a later time. For now, based on my experiences working with groups on various projects, nine is a good cut-off point.

Last edited by combatmedic; 12-08-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: explanation
combatmedic is offline   Reply With Quote