View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 04:06 AM   #16
Phil Masters

Default Re: Casting Time for Rotting Death (GURPS Magic 4e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Isn't village "elder" kind of an odd term for those young adults ruling the place that seem never to age?

And where are all the village kids, anyway? They grow up so fast.
Actually, I play Narkron as essentially ethical. Just a bit goth. It may help that his Ally (the party’s healer cleric) has made it his personal mission to keep Narkron on the straight and narrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
A trawl through Magic: Death Spells might be worthwhile. Euthanize (p. 14) looks appropriate for a psychopomp.
I don’t think that book existed when I was writing Summoners, which provides the Necromancer spell list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
I'm also trying to figure out how the per-second HT resist would work, is that an unopposed roll or is the HT roll in a quick contest against the initial success roll for this spell?
I assume that the victim gets a HT-based resistance roll against the casting roll, to check whether the spell sticks at all or not, and then gets a straight HT roll every round to check whether they take damage or not. However, even if they avoid taking damage, they still suffer the sickening effect.

Quote:
The way it bypasses DR seems like it'd be pretty decent for taking out armored tanks, less useful for guys who run around bare-chested with lots of HP and HT like Conan though.
I suspect that a lot of tanks have decent HT. I’m torn between leaving it as a very occasional sneaky-vicious trick (to be followed by a ten minute lecture on ethics from the cleric) and buying it up to 20 (for faster casting and more difficult to resist).
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote