View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 01:55 PM   #32
coronatiger

Default Session 16 (2020-03-08)

Outside, Nujan was still on the roof, and Xipil waved at him, so he came down. Xipil asked for directions to Pak’s whereabouts. According to Nujan, he was in the inner part of the fort, and repeated that we shouldn’t go there. The entrance was guarded by a pair of soldiers, and I noticed several symbols above the gate, one of which was Yours. I approached the guards and gave them Your greeting, but they didn’t recognize it, so I just made some small talk.

As Pak was seemingly off-limits, at least for the moment, I returned to Xipil and Nujan, and told my friend that I would like to go to bed. Xipil wanted to look at the stars, and desired my company in case he got another vision. I asked Nujan if there is a chapel of Ashtar on the island. I was sad to hear his negative reply. He respects You, but the others here don’t. Things may have been better before Varja died. Nujan walked away. I thought Varja might be the Lord’s wife, but Nujan didn’t seem willing to speak of her.

Xipil sat down to read the stars. After a short while he told me that the Digging Rat was planning something. We should watch out for the plague, he said. I don’t think Your blessing protects me from disease, I thought to myself as we headed for our luxurious beds.

O Ashtar! I surrender my life to Your coils. Take me while I sleep, or grant me another day in Your service, as You will.

24th of Mitra’s Second Month, year 412

O Ashtar, Mother of Snakes, Keeper of Death’s Door, hear my confession!

Mina was waiting in the hall when I left my room this morning, having slept late. Lunari emerged from his room at the same time, and Mina told us breakfast was ready. Xipil and Grogg came after a minute, and we all went to get something to eat. A maid stood ready to serve us when we entered the dining hall. A soldier was just leaving, and mockingly called us early birds on his way out. Lunari retorted something about the soldier being late for assembly.

Another soldier entered when we were about to dig in, and I recognized him from last night. Markus sat down to chat with Lunari, and I realized they had been good friends since Markus had been in the company that Lunari and Grogg saved from the orcs that time. Lunari asked if Markus had heard about the expedition from the Prince’s Cities that had come to Guling a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, Markus didn’t know much more about them that Lunas had, and suggested that we ask around town.

Lunari tested the waters with Markus to see if he could get us an audience with the nobles here; according to Lunas, Isa would be interested in meeting Grogg. Markus though Xipil would be more intriguing, but Grogg had Kraa make some noise, making Markus see the picture. Isa seems to be interested in the exotics. Markus had no authority to request an audience for us, and said he hoped Lunas returned soon. It shouldn’t take too long, based on what the half-elf had told us before we separated.

Xipil asked Markus about Pak, and the sergeant pointed out Pak through the window, a troll lifting crates. Xipil and I hurried outside; Lunari and Grogg followed. Pak seemed depressed and sighed when he asked what we wanted. Xipil told him that Lunas had said we should talk to him. Pak didn’t seem interested in talking, so Xipil and I helped him move his crates. After a while, Pak asked some servants for permission to go to “the village” to fetch some stuff. I understood that to mean the small cluster of houses where the farmers lived. Lunari asked Pak about getting off the island at other times than sunset, but the troll insisted that we shouldn’t try. I decided to find a way to get Pak out of his depression, although I realized that I may not have the necessary skills. We all followed him towards the other side of the island.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue

Last edited by coronatiger; 03-17-2020 at 10:45 AM.
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote