View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 05:17 AM   #10
coronatiger

Default Re: Campaign Log: Chaotic Pioneering

Session 2 (2018-11-17):

Thoughts on May 16th

Magnar came and woke us up in the morning, hammering on his shield. It was completely dark in the cavern, so I stuck out my tongue at him. Over breakfast, which Kine made to perfection, I learned that I had slept through quite a few events in the night: Kine had decided that the livestock was in desperate need of food, so she had brought them out to graze. During the following hours, the pigs had been fed most of our travel rations, two cows and a sheep had toppled over, and despite all of Kine’s attempts to handle the animals, five pigs had run off.

I’ve come to learn that Lady Karita is definitely not a morning person. Magnar’s rudeness did not help at all, and it was a very grumpy lady that we had to deal with when we were packing up and leaving for the farm. She thawed up on the way, though, and was back to her own diplomatic self in short order. Some bad words had been said by her and Magnar earlier, and I almost had to step in to defuse the situation, but now they were both polite and pleasant again. On the way back to the farm, I helped Kine herd the animals, being the most mobile of the party, but I picked up some of the conversation between the two nobles. That’s right, Magnar is a lord, and the Goldenbeard clan seems to be of some importance in his home country, wherever that is.

Back at the farm, while the others put the animals back where they belonged and were thanked by the farmers, I sought out the one who had lent me his bow. I gave him a smile and a wink and rendezvoused with him in his bedroom to return the bow. I kept the quiver and arrows. Some time later, I found Olivia and told her I was headed to the nearby stream to take a bath, and she joined me. I’m infinitely blessed to have her! We’re barely into our twenties, but we’ve been through so much together. I love her with every fiber of my being, and I know she loves me deeply as well. She sticks with me despite my countless affiliations because she knows they’re just physical, an urge I can’t resist. My heart is with her, always. I don’t keep secrets from Olivia, but I spare her the details of my encounters.

Describing the trip through the forest and the battle with the small people to Olivia took some time, since we did some not-talking too, by the stream. We returned to the farm before it got dark, and I performed with a little acrobatics before retiring to bed.

Thoughts on May 17th

Today we returned to town after an uneventful trip, and to the Golden Swan Inn. There were just four people in the common room aside from the staff, so I was a little disappointed when I tumbled and backflipped my way in there. One of the customers tried to flirt with me, but Olivia dragged me off before I could respond.

In the evening, I performed for a while, and noticed people looking in the windows. I suggested to the innkeeper that if he lowered his prices of beer, maybe more people would become paying customers. I don’t know if he did or not, but a few people came in when he closed all the curtains on the windows.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote