View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
Tema69

Default Re: Fall from Grace: Campaigning in Warhammer 40.000

Well, we ran an Ordo Xeno game with another game master (my character was Shas'ui Saik, the Tau team leader) a few years back, and there really wasn't any real excuse as for why most of us played aliens. We just liked the idea. :)
But really, alien involvement could be explained by the Inquisitors (the ones the Interrogator answers to) being somewhat radical (like Malleus using Daemonhosts, etc etc...), as well as a limited knowledge by the higher ups who might frown upon such things.
As far as I could read in the Inquisitor rulebooks, a lot of stuff is so undercover that the Inquisitors have quite a lot of freedom - even though a revelation of their activities might have him suspended or excommunicated (which is exactly where I'm trying to go with this anyway). As for being discovered by locals, the Tau and Kroot are excellent at stealth, and if the sh*t hits the fan, they'll hide out in the vehicles (which have thermo-optic camouflage). Worst case scenario, they are Inquisition, they'll just kill any dude who happens to see wtf is going on.

Edit: Also, the numbers of xenos involved is pretty low. IIRC, there are 5 kroots, a shaper, 4 pathfinders, and their team leader, Saik.

Last edited by Tema69; 12-29-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Tema69 is offline   Reply With Quote