View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #874
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
A question on SM+3 systems:

Mecha Operations (Pyramid 3/40, page 7) say that an SM+3 Control Room costs 10% of an SM+5 one, and has one control station. But when I add a Control Room to an SM+3 craft, it has 0 Control Stations. Can this be fixed on my side, or is this a bug?
Not exactly a "bug" as such, more a choice I made and never noted. There's an issue with Mecha Operations with regards to Control Rooms, Passenger Seating, and Life Support. The article states that SM+3 Passenger Seating has no Life Support but doesn't mention the same for SM+3 Control Rooms. This means that, by the rules, a SM+3 Passenger Seat contains only the Seat & Passenger while a SM+3 Control Room contains a seat, the operator, control thrusters/surfaces, a computer, sensors, and life support.

There's a disconnect there, and initially I fixed that disconnect by having a SM+3 Control Room contain 0.5 seats - so adding two Control Rooms would add 1 Control Station. Now I'm unsure if I want to address it in this manner or not, but I really don't like that inconsistency.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote