View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 07:01 PM   #802
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester65 View Post
Hi, I've been using the user systems option to create custom reactionless drives (to reflect some stuff I've heard about EM Drives). It lets me create them fine except there is no "afterburner" option on the drive I created. Is this a fixable thing or just a limitation of the user systems option? Still using Excel 2007 btw.
The "afterburner" option is a result of two factors; first, the "Unofficial Rules" campaign option is set (since it's an optional rule from my Unofficial Rules set) and two the name starts with "Reactionless Engine". So if you rename your drives to be Reactionless Engine - EM Drive they should have the Afterburner option available.

Incidentally, I have thought about changing the way that System Options work to allow user systems to be set up to be allowed to use the predefined options (in this case, it would allow you to use the Afterburner option without having to stick to the Reactionless Engine naming convention). It'd just take a bit of a rewrite and I haven't gotten around to devoting that much time to it.

In checking this out it looks like there is a bug in the Read User Systems function that causes it to read the Performance 1 column twice and then read Performance 3 instead of reading them 1, 2, then 3. This affects every time the sheet would read the data, including when it goes to save a ship to one of the save sheets. I'm going to have to push an Excel update shortly to fix that.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote