View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 03:24 PM   #17
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: Meteoric iron immunities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Roy Slade View Post

This was okay, as I don't mind the occasional treasure that is too awkward to easily carry out
I love treasures like that!

One time, I decorated a temple with big gilded bronzes. The PCs took one look at the chunky "gold" statues and forgot to search for the "real treasure" (!). They spent vast effort lugging these things back to their lair, only to learn they had mostly bronze and a little gold. But they dutifully removed and sold the gold, and found buyers for the bronze. Fun times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Roy Slade View Post

I began pondering the backstory -- how did it get here in the first place?
Someone who can work iron into a durable door of good temper and reasonable resistance to the elements – strong, corrosion-resistant alloy steel – at TL Olden Times . . . without using a shred of magic. That should provoke some pondering. It would demand unusually advanced metallurgy and more than a little muscle. As a player, my thoughts would turn to fire giants with the sort of tech normally reserved for quasi-steampunk gnomes and dwarves in fantasy. Those would make for interesting foes: big, strong, smart, high-tech, and bristling with magic-immune gadgetry.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote