View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 01:24 PM   #630
Steen

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Working on a cyber-sorcerer kind of character, and I'm a little in doubt of how to model a ritual that halts the energy flow in the circuit of any mechanical device. This is it so far:

Short Circuit
Spell effects: Lesser Destroy Energy
Inherent Modifiers: None
Greater Effects: 0 (x1)

This ritual forces the target mechanical device within 10 yards to shut down, if it depends on an energy circuit to operate.

Typical Casting: Lesser Destroy Energy (5) + Range, 10 yards (4) + Subject Weight, 300 lbs (3) + Duration, 10 minutes (1). 13 Energy (13x1)

This seems to me like a simple and straightforward ritual, but I can't figure out whether it would apply to robots as well. Would it need to be a separate ritual with the Affliction, Unconsciousness (40) modifier? It seems weird to have to separate the ritual into two, despite essentially doing the same thing. But from a balance perspective, I could see why, since knocking a robot unconscious for 10 minutes with a simple 13 energy ritual seems rather broken.

Maybe it would be a Lesser ritual against non-sentient devices (radios, surveillance cameras, etc) but a Greater ritual against IQ 6+ targets? But that would still separate the ritual into two distinct rituals.
Steen is offline   Reply With Quote