View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #130
MikMod

Default Re: New Xp System: Not a Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
I feel like in long-term play the Legacy rules may be exchanging attribute bloat for talent bloat. Some may not agree, but I would be OK if IQ x2 was the max for learned abilities.
Yup - that's my feeling, and it is going to be much more apparent for low IQ fighters, who will get EVERY useful talent available to them and then start acquiring spells as that would be the only other option than learning 'fishing'. Plus they might well have the DX to carry it off. :/

IQx2 was my thought. However, I am also working on a more complex XP model which can retain some racial 'shaping' and maybe even the initial character build (so strong PCs find it easier to build ST than suddenly convert to being an intellectual). And I think I will be making talents cost more - no flat fee. The decoupling makes no sense to me. It might be partly because I like to give out XP during play so that the players are clear that being active, imaginative, funny, daring, and playing the heck out of their character will get them XP.
MikMod is offline   Reply With Quote