View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 10:22 AM   #49
InLaNoche

Default Re: Naruto like campaign, beginner needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Okay, here goes....Substitution Technique
Level 1: 16 points, level 2 and higher 5.25 points

You can avoid an attack by placing a "dummy" formed from your chosen element and concealed by an illusion in place of yourself.
To use this technique to defend, you must spend 1 Chi or FP, and roll against a target number of 3 (plus 1 for every level after the first). If you succeed, the attack strikes the dummy, not you, and you can declare that you are actually at another location entirely, which must be a place you could have reached since the last time your actions would have required you to be in a specific location.
You can only buy levels of this ability to improve your target to avoid attacks up to the level of your regular Dodge target. Any penalties that would apply to your Dodge defense also apply to your roll to use this ability.

Statistics: Level one: Basic Dodge level 3, enhanced (Cosmic: Displacement, +50%; Elemental Chi, -15%) [16]. Each additional level enhances another level of basic Dodge, + [5.25].

Wow! I like this, and with all the other help I have received, I think I follow this. The only thing that I am missing is the Basic Dodge Level 3. How does it start at 3? I am assuming this 3 is the 3 talked about rolling against, making this a very difficult skill to use. At level 1 you fail on anything over 4. Not balking at that, I kind of agree that this kind of thing should be costly, especially since you seem to get a free move out of this. Would there be room to add limitations like only possible in 1 on 1 combat (no other attackers within say 3 yards) or scatter, being that you cannot control the exact location and range? I know this would then sound more like a warp than an enhanced move/dodge... Just feeling out ideas I had. But still nice!

Also will look to see if I can work out the 'dummy' being of substance and possibly having an effect on the attacker.

Last edited by InLaNoche; 04-12-2017 at 10:23 AM. Reason: wanted to say more... is that so wrong...
InLaNoche is offline   Reply With Quote