View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
Refplace

Default Re: Very High Mana's FP recouping with funding variations

Nope to most,if not all the above,

01) ER yes its so close to FP, same with Essence
02) Many of theses sources arent magic but converted to magic so No -such as Assisting Spirits, Black Magic, Blood Pool, Corruption, Draw Power, HP, Meditative Magic, Point Debt, Vitality Reserve (like HP)
03) Some are consumable objects like Paut, Sacrifices so just gone. Energy Orb fits into this category also.
04) If from something that benefits from VH in the same way and its also in the area then it gets back its energy, like a Familiar.
05) Powerstones have their own chart for how fast they recover in different mana levels.
06) Ley Lines are creeks or rivers of magic and more likely to create a VH mana area than be affected by one.
07) If the cone itself is in a VH probably yes, but at a certain point you might have too much mana to instantly refilled by the area around it.
08) Transference Bolt is basically Lend Energy as a Missile Spell with some drawbacks. The caster would get back the energy used to cast it if in a VH, but the subject does not.

Its helpful to look at what is going on rather than just the mechanics here.
Some things like ERs are wells of power that can be quickly refilled by pouring more into it, some are more like batteries and fragile so cant be refilled too quickly with breaking them this includes powerstones. Others are used up in casting so not around to be affected by a VH in any case.

If your out of the area it has no effect.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote