View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 10:15 AM   #1
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Default [G:DF] Cantrips?

D&D 3E introduced the warlock class, which had access to a spell it could cast at-will. Wizards still had to carry around a crossbow to be effective in the fight after they ran out of spells.

D&D 4E introduced at-will, encounter, and daily powers, so the wizards wouldn't have to carry around crossbows.

D&D 5E has the cantrip-level spells, so wizards still don't have to carry around crossbows.

Using Powers (and various compendiums), what should I include to turn a power into an alternate ability to Magery (or Power Investiture, or whatever) that doesn't require an action to switch between various cantrips, and between cantrips and Magery/PI spells? Cosmic, or something?

I'm thinking various powers that don't cost FP to cast, can be switched between, don't do much damage or do much (just slightly-weaker versions of D&D 5E cantrips), but which allows a caster to have continuous use.

(I think of it like this. The Knights/Swashbucklers/etc. generally don't track their FP during a fight, but a Wizard can be out of a fight after one big spell.)