View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 07:17 PM   #1
Racer

Default Repeated flaws in Search Function ?

Okay it may be due to ancient operating system of my phone , but I noticed many search results just fail .

First off , I have to open a new tab to use Search (not a problem) , but then my typing 'jumps' between boxes in a very irritating way (annoying but I just double check everything) .

Then it all goes to pieces : multiple failures in searching through Thread Titles leads to much frustration ! I was looking across many sub forums for a thread with 'Dreams' in title - none of the results were the correct one . Had to go back over every single post I've made to 2016 to find it ( which in itself wasn't easy , as you have to "reset" pages search after you look through more than 20 pages of your posts ) .

Found the whole thing rather bizarre tbh . I know a load of archived material pre 2012 was apparently deleted , but fail to see how that could effect searches for more recent materials ?

Other searches just show no results : example 'Duke of Buckingham' from a GURPs Thread I posted around 2017 . Zero alternatives give in results , despite multiple tries . Could there be a bug/flaw in the algorithms that crops up every now & then ?

Thanks for any help on this .