View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 04:27 PM   #4
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Cinematic Advantages as Alternate Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Those are really more Unusual Backgrounds than powers but if the GM is fine with it, sure. I allow certain social advantages to be used as alternative abilities such as multiple versions of Rank or Status.
there is a portion of those abilities that are unusual background, but they also do a lot. Chris Rice wrote an article on breaking down those advantages (and building new ones out of the pieces) back in 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenfish View Post
I would allow it- the advantages have so much overlap that even a substantial discount shouldn't cause any particular unbalance. Note that, by Rules as Written, he would need to spend a ready maneuver to switch between the two (both abilities enhance attacks, but neither is an attack in the sense that Innate Attack or Affliction are), and, when in Weapon Master mode, he wouldn't be able to use skills that have Trained by a Master and not Weapon Master as a prerequisite. A generous GM could probably wave these drawbacks without serious balance issues- as I said, these are two heavily overlapping advantages.
I agree. Those two are so functionally similar, I see no problem in waving the time requirement.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote