View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 07:39 AM   #8
Moldon

Default Re: Persistent curses! vs wishing ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
A Wishing Ring will remove Chicken on Your Head.

There are some Curses and Traps that can't be removed with a Wishing Ring once they have taken effect, such as Antimatter from Star Munchkin. Their text will say explicitly that there is ONLY one way to get rid of the Curse/Trap effect. (Antimatter, for instance, says, "Nothing else will reduce or remove the penalty [once it takes effect], and there is no other way to get rid of the item.")
but you said it allowed to use Annihilation on Antimatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Because I want to be as clear as I can be about this:

A Curse, Trap, or other card that says "keep this card in front of you as a reminder" is NOT in play for purposes of Annihilation, Bad Feng Shui, or anything else that targets cards in play.

A Curse, Trap, or other card that has a persistent, dispellable effect, such as Chicken on Your Head or Antimatter, IS in play for those purposes.

It's the difference between the card itself being the effect and the card just being a reminder of the effect. I freely concede that this is a very subtle difference.
is it so for now? and if I annihilate Antimatter card, will item restore to normal? (same question about Cursed Thingy)