View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #20
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: [Desolation Road] Races

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofJohn View Post
Has your setting alchemical Implants for non Perfected?
It's possible to implant talismans in flesh. Other weird (or lost) sciences are possible. Some Bombaxi chirurgeons are capable of impressive surgical feats, and have retained some TL4+6 surgical technology as dangerous, painful, experimental, painful and expensive procedures.

Quote:
Have other species something comperable to the peshang battle construct? I could imagine somethig like a wearable battle tank for the Bombaxi... slowly hulking but with decent fire power surgically aplied....
Probably not in the Imperial era, and certainly not in the setting's present. The 453rd retains some TL4+5 technology allowing them to maintain their constructs. They are a deliberate riff on Battletech with it's relic hereditary 'mechs. They are also a riff on Macross; the Peshang built their constructs to fight an invasion by giant aliens (humans). A Peshang Battle Construct is roughly man-sized.

Imperial Forces almost certainly fielded other armored vehicles and constructs, but I really intend piloted mecha to be a Peshang thing. Consider it an important equalizer for the 18' tall warrior race.

Bombaxi in particular would seem ill-suited for shock-troops, I suspect they were mostly in Imperial Hospital units.

A key difference between the two races is that the Peshang were already technologically advanced when Kang'shaa was discovered by the Imperium Ratio. They were incorporated into the Imperium after decades of bloody conflict with an extant military tradition of mechanized warfare. Conversely pre-contact Bombaxi communities scattered through the Tunnelers abandoned complexes are all basically TL0 (Medicine TL0+7) when they were encountered. The Tunnelers whatever they were left no artifacts behind other than the tunnels themselves.
Quote:
1d+2 seams a little under powered for a ST 18 battle armor....
How so? Thrust for ST 18 is 1d+2, and talons normally do thrust cut/imp.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 02-23-2010 at 01:46 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote