View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 05:28 PM   #6
baakyocalder

Default Re: If you ran a campaign in your vicinity, what would it be?

1. Western game. I tried to start this with Aces & Eights, but that was open-ended and I liked the new HackMaster more. If I find better players, well I'm from Sacramento, so I can do the California Gold Rush and settlement of California quite well.

I should see when the book by Donald J. Pisani on Fremont and squatters comes out.

2. Ran a GURPS Highlander (as in the TV and movie series with Queen as the soundtrack) game set in Sacramento. This would be fun to run again and could even have snapshots of local photos and history as flashbacks.

3. Supers campaign. It's not my default supers setting, but being the state capital of California, a more grounded supers game could work.

4. Mage: the Ascension. You could do this differently in different eras, for we had military bases in vogue at one point and there's always politics. Also, it's close enough to San Francisco and Los Angeles for road trips to the bigger cities as adventures.

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote