View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 08:50 PM   #3
Fred Brackin

Default Re: How would YOU build them?!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadSprack View Post
Luffy (One Piece)
Zoro (One Piece)
Garp (One Piece)
I can't help with the other anime but I know One Piece fairly well though only from the English dubs seen on Cartoon Network.

Garp, however is a mystery to me. I even went through the Wikipedia article thinking this was an original Japanese name that was changed in the some of the dubs (like Zoro/Zolo) but he wasn't there. You probably need to describe him.

Doing Luffy and Zoro is going to take lots of pts even going back to the early episodes. A particular problem is their massive strength which is something that Gurps 4e has a difficult relationship with.

McAllister gave you some decent generic advice about Luffy (though I think he underestimates Luffy's durability, I can't remember ever seeing any weapon draw blood from Luffy) You really may not have or want to spend the pts to get the full effect though.

Zoro is in the General category of Weapon Master: Katana. His Three Swords Style could be covered by several things like Off-Hand Weapon and Dual Weapon Attack Techniques but multiple swords is so key to his style that you might as well buy Extra Attacks for the sake of simplicity.

Gurps Martial Arts does not really take into consideration the possibility of effective attacks with a katana whose hilt is clenched in your teeth but it doesn't actually forbid it. :) So just buy the 2nd Extra Attack and don't ask too many questions.

Besides WM Zoro has many war-like advantages such as Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold and even Enhanced Time Sense (which would make Combat Reflexes superfluous).

Then there are the Skills. A huge level of Broadsword (which covers Katana in one hand) and stuff like Parry Missile Weapons, Body Control and Meditation. Possibly Autohypnosis too.

I want to re-emphasize that his is a _very_ high level game you're contemplating with characters who can be complex as well as expensive in terms of point total. You might as well go through the Characvters book page by page and make notes as you go "Saw somebody do that, that and that too.".

Specific questions will be given whatever help I can manage.