View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #24
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy on the cheap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Hmmm, for 150pts, assuming the same 50pts of disads, have no difficulty making a level 1 knight or swashbuckler without lowering stats
Well, the Knight and Swashbuckler both have 60 points in a general pool for assignable advantages, which makes those two templates by far the easiest to scale back on - you could literally just chuck out those 60 points and start out at 190 points without seriously hampering either template.

In fact, for the scaled back versions I wrote up I did cut back on those assignable advantage points for those two templates. I also scaled back their attributes, however if you look at the template's advantage list you'll notice that attribute bonuses are one of the things you can buy with the assignable advantage points, meaning you could just buy the attributes back up. Or you can choose to spend the points on other advantages.

Other templates are much more tightly built, with fewer points allocated to general advantage pools, and making them much tougher to easily scale back.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 04-19-2010 at 08:43 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote