View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 07:24 AM   #72
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Okay, this has me stumped. It's a sensible precaution, but I'm not sure how we get our psi-powers back when we're forced to eat the psi-suppressant contaminated food. if I had my powers, I could Mental Surgery people to be Incurious or to have a Delusion that Day is eating the food, but I need to not eat the 'slop' for a while to do so.

It shouldn't be easy to work around, since it's to prevent this exact situation, but surely we were given some suggestions of how to get around it during our training?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Official tactical options include intentionally making yourself vomit, (either faking illness, actually making yourself sick, or vomiting discretely) and interfering with the food supplies to remove the drug, either for the entire ship, or for just your mess.
Expanding on this, more detailed options would be:

Intentionally go to the ships sewage and eat poo. You will probably get sick, and you'll probably vomit for a day, which will mostly clean the drug out of your system

Just fake being sick, go to the ship's toilets, and make yourself vomit up the food by sticking your finger up your throat. Or do that without being sick, though you'll need a way to through your buddy off of your trail.

Find a way to destroy the ship's flour supplies. Perhaps by arranging an accident where it gets wet and spoils. Then swap the supplemental drug pills with other pills that look similar. or destroy them. This causes suspicion that a dreadstormer is on board, but until they drop out of hyperspace and get supplies from another ship or planet, there isn't much that can be done.

Swap the flour with some other powder, probably for just your mess. You may need to do the same for the pills as well.

None of these options are long-term, but as you said, you can use your powers to fix the long-term situation. Also, you can abuse Pothi's dinner arrangements with the sheild mess to lie to each group about where you ate the patriotic slop.

I hope that helps...

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote