View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #5
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: [DF] Where Do Druids Get Their Power From?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
From midichlorians.

More seriously, the answer you want here probably depends on what do you need to know for. The rules tell you all the important stuff like when it works, the rest of that stuff is fluff that doesn't matter much for DF. If you are building a setting where it does matter, then you should pick whichever option allows you to have whatever features you want work the way you want them to, which may or may not require you to recalculate costs for a different limitation if the way it matters changes the operating rules or countermeasures available.
I figure it's from ending sentences with prepositions.

In my Dragon Heresy RPG, which is being developed as an SRD5.1 game, Druids worship and draw power from the parts of the Norse pantheon (because that's the thing) that pay attention to such cycles.

Easier to dig it out:

DRUIDS AND THE GODS
Some druids venerate the forces of nature themselves, but most hold special respect for divine beings that are usually not associated with the divine domains of the clerics:
  • Ostara. Goddess of spring, lady of the morning, mistress of renewal.
  • Gefiun. Goddess of agriculture, fertility, abundance, prosperity, and the well-plowed field. Lady of plenty.
  • Hodr. Godslayer and spear of fate. Killed his brother unknowingly with a wooden spear. Nature’s fang.
  • Mahni and Sol. Sister moon and brother sun.
  • Vidar. Wolfslayer and forest-lord. The silent one.
  • Yggdrasil. The tree of life and world tree. The holy ash tree sprung from the well of destiny whose roots and branches infuse the heart and essence of every known thing.
The Druids of Etera do not choose deities and associate with them as a matter of personal worship, but call on each at need, with great respect and equal veneration. Other powerful spirits and forces of nature are also included in this circle of power, but the Druids fear the dragons that are said to gnaw at the roots of the world tree.

Last edited by DouglasCole; 10-01-2016 at 02:23 PM.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote