View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 03:57 AM   #111
Peter V. Dell'Orto
Fightin' Round the World

Default Re: Whats a Munchkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldrin
I know you say it's not really the whole indicator, but I know two people who are pretty good roleplayers and the concept of a 'fish out of water' type character is very popular between them. I think they've played one 'straight' character each in the last fifteen years that I've known them.

I think you should modify that to say that a munchkin would be 'resistant to correction' when they want to design their character that is out of whack.
That's another good indicator, but I did take pains to point out that if the GM considers the character an appropriate and campaign-friendly character, it's not munchkinny behavior. To quote myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadkiller_Dog
If the GM is up for it ("I'm running a game in Scarlet Pimpernel France!" "I wanna be a ninja!" "Okay, I can work with that. Stat him up.") then it's not really a problem.
So I don't think you're disagreeing with me. I didn't say a fish-out-of-water type is munchkinny, but if you want to be a fish-out-of-water type for bad reasons, and regardless of the objections and enjoyment (or lack of enjoyment) of the GM and other players, you're probably a munchkin. If what you're proposing is still okay with the other players and the GM, you're just making odd choices, not showing indications of munchkinness.
My S&C Blog
My Dungeon Fantasy Game Blog
"You fall onto five death checks." - Andy Dokachev
Peter V. Dell'Orto is offline   Reply With Quote