View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
Varyon

Default Re: IT:DR (Armored Flesh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexington View Post
You made some significant edits to that post. The post as it existed when I quoted it talked about being able to punch through it given time as a desirable trait . . .
The edits were only to numbers. Looking back through the editing history, here's what was removed:

Quote:
If we instead model this cube of steel with IT:DR (Armored Flesh), it still has 188 HP (still homogenous and the same weight, after all), has no DR (it lacks an armored shell, because it is armor), and has IT:DR (AF) 13.5. It should probably have Cosmic (round down) if using the default GURPS wounding system (I prefer lwcamp's House Rules here). In this case, that 350d attack drops it to a little over half HP, and the 700d attack nearly penetrates it, causing a little less than full HP damage. So, you have a linear progression of damage, and have the possibility of punching through the cube without outright destroying it, as one would expect of "armored flesh" rather than an outer shell of armor.
And here is what replaced it:

Quote:
If we instead model this cube of steel with IT:DR (Armored Flesh), it still has 188 HP (still homogenous and the same weight, after all), has no DR (it lacks an armored shell, because it is armor), and has IT:DR (AF) 54. It should probably have Cosmic (round down) if using the default GURPS wounding system (I prefer lwcamp's House Rules here). In this case, that 350d attack drops it to a little over 7/8 HP, and the 700d attack nearly penetrates it, causing a little less than 1/4 HP damage. So, you have a linear progression of damage, and have the possibility of punching through the cube without outright destroying it, as one would expect of "armored flesh" rather than an outer shell of armor.
I have bolded the changed portions. Note that the part that gets rid of gradually punching through - "It should probably have Cosmic (round down) if using the default GURPS wounding system (I prefer lwcamp's House Rules here)" has been completely unchanged. Additionally, as you only quoted the part where I modeled the DR/HP interaction improperly, and commented on it, it seemed likely you hadn't read the rest of the post.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote