View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 07:36 PM   #3
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Default Re: One-Man Armies from Supers vs. Mob Attacks from Zombies vs. other solutions

Wow! Well, thanks! I appreciate you thoroughly checking it out, and I'm really glad that it seems (mostly) up to spec.

And I agree on the whole math over tables bit. The trickiest part, really, is probably that pesky Recoil, but I realized that it's probably better written as a fraction so that the margin of success can just be multiplied by the inverse.

But what do you mean by it is a bit less likely to give the average? I just want to make sure I understand. For 4 enemies, using that +3 bonus on 10 for a total of 13, the average roll is 10, which is a margin 3, which gets 1 hit for the success plus another 1 hit for beating the recoil. I figured 2 hits would be the average out of 4 shots (at skill 10, of course). The base 1 hit for the success is the part I always forget about RoF, so I just want to make sure you took that into account too.

And really. Thanks again. It means a lot to hear that I was successful in cobbling together some arcane symbols (ya know, math) into something useful!
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote