View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: GURPS HP & FP Tracker (application)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Guys... as much as I would love to make this available in Java or recompile it for Linux... I'm in the process of learning C# using Visual Studio for Windows machines. I really don't know a darned thing about Java, nor how I'd go about compiling the code for Linux (let alone testing, since I don't have a Linux box) .

I'm making this because I'm building similar apps for class, but I'm already pushing the bounds of my knowledge of C# working on this. For instance, I spent the last couple hours figuring out how to shuffle information between forms so I could make a Rename Tab method. I spent a couple hours the other day trying to figure out how to save & reload the data.
Well, learn C#, and once you feel a little confident with it, try Java. You'll realize that it's basically the same language (C# has been described as the bastard child of Delphi and Java). Trust me on this, as a Java an C# developer, on the basic levels, C# and Java are basically identical (though both have their quirks, and once you reach advanced subjects, they diverge some more)
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote