View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 10:33 PM   #56
SolemnGolem

Default Re: Meteoric iron immunities

I probably should have read the earlier posts more carefully. Kromm's posts make it clear that:

a) iron can be meteoric iron as per GM's fiat and Rule of Cool (therefore, mining iron out of a stellar mass can totally be "meteoric" if GM desires), and

b) if it's meteoric iron, its whole shtick is that it doesn't work with magic, so the magical-gate idea needs some further adjustment.

Quote:
As far as Dungeon Fantasy is concerned, the defining properties of "meteoric iron" are: (1) it's magic-immune, and (2) it's recognizably iron.

That's it, that's all.

The adjective "meteoric" is a fanciful one applied by simple folk blindly struggling and reaching to explain the weird properties of an otherwise normal-seeming material. It falls into the same category as "fairy" and "dragon's" and a bunch of other words thrown around with abandon. If you really believe that "fairy stones" were carved by fairies or that "dragon's root" grows only where there be dragons, I have a bridge to sell you.
Hence: yes on the iron star product = meteoric iron. No on the "can I use a magical gate to bring it out" question. Guess we'll need a psi gate instead...
SolemnGolem is offline   Reply With Quote