View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 01:43 PM   #10
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: [UT][HT] 15mm Gyroc White Phosphorus

15mm payload rounds are generally quite marginal. It's a rather small caliber for such things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFix View Post
Rules on B415 on hot fragments state that hot fragments attack everyone once per 10 seconds. I do not know if that means one can stay in the cloud for 9 seconds and only suffer 1 damage dice roll.
I think you've wildly misinterpreted this.

Hot fragments do cyclic damage to people they've hit, they don't make repeated fragmentation attacks, and the fragments cause the smoke cloud, not the other way around. HT172 provides rules for removing such fragments, which generously assume that the fragments will be in a position to be brushed off rather than needing to be extracted.

The effects of the smoke cloud itself are summarized as "Add the effects of smoke." EDIT: Presumably you could get burned if you wind up in contact with a WP fragment that's lying where it landed after the original burst, but unless you're immobile you'd usually just get back off it right away. Just being in the smoke wouldn't be like being in fire, though the fragments could start a fire in flammable surroundings of course.

Last edited by Ulzgoroth; 07-02-2021 at 01:50 PM.
Ulzgoroth is offline   Reply With Quote