View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 12:04 PM   #14
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Delvers to Grow: Now LIVE on Kickstarter!

A Fine Night

Unlike playing the Pandemic boardgame (which is fun, as opposed to playing the pandemic home game, which is horrible), where "One Quiet Night" is a good card to play...Delvers to Grow had a very active night, and jumped up several thousand dollars. That means in the first 24 hours we crushed through 50% funding. This is outstanding.

In fact, based on a question from one of my Patreon supporters, the Delvers to Grow campaign is off to the best start of any of my Dungeon Fantasy RPG campaigns to date, with a few more backers and 25% more funding than any prior campaign. (The record-holder for me on Day 1 is my More Perilous Journeys campaign for TFT for funding, and my Character Collections campaign for backer counts).

But in any case: we ended the first 24 hours halfway there. Given we haven't yet begun to really hit the outreach stuff, that's not bad.

Attack of Opportunity

Speaking of outreach, my first podcast of something like five or six went live in both Podcast and Video format over the last few days.

Jeff Ball of RollMongers was a gracious and engaging host. He and I covered a lot of fun ground, and we'll talk again, I'm sure. It was that kind of rapport.
Click the link on the title for the video version, but for the audio version, go here.

The Pitch

Fully compatible with the professional template system in the Dungeon Fantasy RPG Adventurers book, Delvers to Grow lets you start much earlier in the hero’s journey, letting both players and GMs ease into the full breadth of capability that the professional delvers of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG bring to the table.

This new book supports play at levels from "barely competent" to "mighty-thewed hero" seamlessly. Zero to Hero or Epic Legend is all on you. Explore different challenges or use the modules to effortlessly assemble henchmen...or create a starting character to replace the dearly departed.
Forget all you've heard about making characters in GURPS. This gets you to the table about as fast as "roll 3d6 six times, pick a class and race, equipment, and start walking to the Keep on the Borderlands"

Please Pledge to Delvers to Grow
The stretch goals go by backer count, and as the goals get knocked down, the value of both physical and digital pledges goes up. The more backers in the Gaming Ballistic orbit, the more ambitious I can be with planned future projects like the Nordlond Bestiary and Mission X.

If you're new to the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, there are several (admittedly high-level) rewards that include the Boxed Set and a bunch of material with which to get started. Combined with Delvers to Grow, you can be rolling dice with friends in less than an hour after you convince them to try it out.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote