View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 05:43 PM   #12
Celjabba

Default Re: Delvers to Grow: Now LIVE on Kickstarter!

That KS give me idea.

I usually GM at a much higher point level with experienced players but I recently moved to a new city/country.
And september/october 2021 will probably be when actual face-to-face RPG start again after 2 years of COVID drought, so it may be a nice opportunity.

If you can use this book to create 62 cp characters, then 'level' them fast to 125 then again to 187 and finally to 250, ending with something close to a standard 250 cp starting character, it will be a nice way to showcase Gurps to a public more used to "those other games".
I have used DFRPG for demo games, but always one-shot with premade characters.

I may have to look at those initiations campaigns/boxes for D&D / Pathfinder and especially their French clones H&D or CO and write some articles about how to adapt those to DFRPG with DtG.
I haven't read these initiation games (I haven't played a D20 games in decades), but for the traffic on French forums, they seem to be quite popular, and basically take players by hand from lvl 1 to lvl 3,4 or 5 before pointing them to the full rulebooks.

Alternatively, writing a short scenario taking starting Noršlondr characters to 62 points then 125 and ending pointing them to the The Crypt of Krysuvik and furthers adventures.
Perhaps with a "video-game" beginning sequence where they start in jail/amnesiac/ship-wrecked/... and end up choosing a basic template ?
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote