View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 07:51 PM   #1
timm meyers

Default IQ gain and free talents?

I posted this on the FB page as well but thought I might get more indepth answers here.
Been doing a lot of character build trees and keep waffling on whether or not IQ gained should or should not count (500 exp.) towards new talents, spells etc. (like the 80's version)

I know the rules say no, just asking for balance opinions and any actual play results if people have tried it as a house rule. ???

The high cost of attribute gain + the fact you have 3 to agonize over on increase seems to make giving the new IQ an additional 500 xp towards a new talent or spell etc a balanced mod.

As it stands now the rules encourage a 32 pt build with maximum IQ (14 to 16) and low DX(8) & ST(8). The world becomes full of very "Bobble head" unrealistic nerd like citizens. All of which have some superior build in mind like Conan

The Mod could possibly cause the opposite minimal IQ maximized ST & DX but even there it seems more natural and normal.

I looked for a similar post and couldn't find anything but I know this had to have been asked before so sorry for making a duplicate thread.
timm meyers is offline   Reply With Quote