View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 07:15 PM   #6
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Healing + Triggered Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
One big advantage to Delay is the long duration IE "you are my slave for a lifetime because I can instantly kill you" so GMs might want some way to limit that.
Some thoughts;
A) That seems to be a large point of it being +50%
B) The type of attack really matters. A delayed Heart Attack means the target could just go to a hospital. If you don't notice right away and try to activate it, they'll have a heart attack in the one place in the world most suited for stopping it. A huge IA (say, one that does a flat 220 damage) will be enormously more expensive for +50%, likely more expensive than actual Mind Control.
C) Certain 'abilities' require Delay to even work. For instance, if you can make death cookies and put them somewhere, that would be Delay. Considering that you can just bake poisoned cookies, it might even be a little expensive.
D) You must specify a way to neutralize the Delay and work with the GM to do so. A delayed heart attack might be able to be solved with off-the-shelf heart medicine.
E) The attack is only really guaranteed to work on Cowards. Anyone else might just decide to deny you. It's not perfect Mind Control.

Quote:
I think that would depend on the trigger, though? B105 gives "metal object passing within a yard" as one possible example, so I think if that happened just whichever attack's target was approached by metal would go off rather than all of them.
Yes, exactly. If you have one delayed heal on twenty people, then each one would get healed once being triggered by damage. If you have twenty delayed heals on one person, all heals would go off when triggered by damage.

Quote:
I guess the closest thing short of Modular Abilities would be "Variable Enhancement". Then you could change one kind of +50% into a different kind of +50% and choose any reasonable trigger until the sun, but that would cost +500%.
I could see it dropping in price to something like +250% if you can only switch around types of delays. Considering that for +190% you can get No Nuisance Rolls, buy off the daily penalty, and get Reduced Cost 2, it seems perfectly fair. Or just get Reduced Cost 10 +200% and No Daily Penalties +50% for a likely better Healing.

Quote:
It's strange how they're all worth the same.
I think it's because, generally speaking, the easier the trigger the more likely it is to go off when you don't want it to, and the harder the trigger, the less likely you can get it to go off when you want it to.

Quote:
I think to pass an HP threshold for crippling (or blunt trauma, or knockback, or major wounds knockdown HT roll) you'd actually need to use teamwork technique from powers? Shock would definitely stack up though.
The Delay seems to be the teamwork power. You effectively spent +50% to lets your power work alongside a later, unspecified attack. Considering that you can't use the attack directly I'd say it's perfectly fair. You'd have to attack a target twice to do any damage and they still have even just a second to be able to remove the first attack (or you spent points elsewhere to be able to attack twice in one turn easily enough).
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote