View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 08:09 AM   #263
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"So I guess it would be pointless to attempt to disguise myself as Kunnifax?"

"That would depend on whom you wish to deceive. Only the undying heroes would spot the fraud instantly. The undying heroes have great freedom of movement and respect. Maximus could call and inform that you had disguised as him... but he seems to not be using his mortal forces against you, only the undying heroes"

Quote:
"Are these stones the same size as the ones in the tomb?"
If they are, I'll give on a test lift to see how heavy they are.
They are exactly half-scale: you'd need to lift eight of them to get the right feel. Halcyone has ST 20, and thus a basic lift of 80. The individual blocks aren't bad here, but you think you might need help for some of the bigger ones on the real thing. Though the hologram Maximus thinks most of the moves will be small blocks... but he's not sure.

Quote:
"Is there a spare key for the metal gate out front?"
If there isn't, I'll check the gate to see if it can be opened from this side.
Maximus: "Not that I'm aware of, but I wouldn't know. I spend most of my time looking at the greater world, not maintaining my temple"

Quote:
I'll also ask about what tactics Kunnifax will use, and if Holo-Maximus doesn't know I'll check the research materials.
Maximus: "Its been a while since the undying heroes have been active, and I don't know what their intent is. Kunnifax was chosen for being able to operate in enemy territory, he may disguise himself or try to set an ambush for you. He can shoot firearms, but is better in hand to hand combat.

Quote:
Then I'll try contacting Vassarious to explain what's going down (i.e. that the emperor has had his mind altered, that we need to rearrange the stones in the tomb, and that the Emperor is sending his undead heroes after us and they can only be dealt with by crippling their limbs).
Vassarious, we can have this call as you are looking up the way to the caves

Quote:
So, assuming I can't disguise myself as Kunnifax, how difficult would it be to sneak past Imperial lines?

Obstacles:
  • You need to get past the manual and automated guard systems. These include lookouts, and night vision and infrared cameras.
  • You need to make it through the enemy troops ready on the front line. This area will have a number of lesser guarded checkpoints.
  • You need to make it to the temple gate, which is 100 miles from the front lines, and in the middle of a city of about 5 million people (about half on each side of the temple gate)
  • You need to make it through the temple gate. The military controls the train through here. After that point, military control relaxes.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote