Thread: On being Feared
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 02:47 PM   #26
Refplace

Default Re: On being Feared

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
All of that is answered by the definition of the advantage! Social Regard is not a matter of what you personally have done; it's a matter of your belonging to a group that is feared, respected, or venerated as a group. So your personal face, name, or past deeds are not relevant. It's assumed that you are obvious as a member of the group to anyone who meets you; there's no frequency of recognition, as for Reputation. I'm prepared to suppose that you may be able to conceal your group membership (since, for example, a member of a priest caste could pretend to belong to some other caste), but I think it would require a Disguise roll or something like that.
Yeah, the advantage seems pretty clear to me. Given examples are very obvious on sight such as age and I think Switchable is ok to purchase for it (or use as a penalty to Disguise rolls) but it should be hard to conceal either actually or through reluctance.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote