View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 05:09 PM   #8
Skarg

Default Re: Mounted Combat - Pulling a Rider from the Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper2921 View Post
Where does the rider fall once pulled off the horse? I'm not seeing it in the rules. I get more confused when Horseman and Expert Horseman talents require two and three successful figures to pull a rider from the horse.

Part two, is the rider Prone once they are pulled from the mount?

If this has been discussed earlier, please give me a link to the thread.
The rules don't explicitly say, but I think it is implied from the way it is written.

The first paragraph is about falling from damage. The second paragraph then starts by saying, "A rider may also be pulled from his mount by enemies on the ground..."

So I think the intention is that they're the same sort of falling, and falling from damage means you fall straight down and are prone. I think the intention is that they simply fall in the hex they are already in, and are prone.

While it seems reasonable to rule there is some chance of pulling someone off a horse into your own hex, two foes in the same hex are in the rules pretty much always treated as being in HTH, and the rules here don't mention HTH, and often people pulling people off horses wouldn't want to be in HTH, and if you wanted to be able to pull them to the ground in your hex but NOT be in HTH with them, that'd open up several other questions. So, more reasons why I think the intent is they just fall straight down.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote