View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #33
Mailanka

Default Re: [Ultra Tech] Shortening Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Run mysteries.
That's not really useful to the discussion. It's sort of like the joke about the guy who goes to the doctor and says "My neck hurts when I turn it like this" to which the doctor says "Don't turn it like that."

Yeah, I could skip all this mess just by running a murder mystery in space, but if that were the case, I wouldn't actually need to ask how to fix an element that isn't necessary to my genre. I want to run action. Really epic, powerful action that centers on the individual hero and really emphasizes how cool future-tech is... only future-tech tends to de-emphasize the individual hero except as master of industry and infrastructure, which is a fine idea, but not (in this particular instance) what I'm looking for.

I don't want to get into specifics, because I don't want to stymie conversation, and other people might have slightly different interests and still find the topic useful. But "Well then, don't run action" isn't that useful to me or to them, I should think.