View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 12:57 AM   #1
Ultraviolet

Default [TG] Pulling an ally, who has grappled an enemy, back?

Okay, yet another situation from the last Cliffhangers session, the one with slow zombies.

Adventuress Cassandra Harker - skilled wrestler but average ST - looks out a door, and is grappled by a waiting zombie. She makes a Grabbing Parry; 6 CP

Movie star Maxi von der Beiderbecke decides she is in the way, and grabs the collar of her coat. One handed grab, so only 3 CP.
He yells his intention of pulling her back. Probably in German, so it's really efficient ;)

I can't recall why, but neither Cassandra of the zombie do anything worthwhile.

Maxi then uses Shoving People Around, which is a contest of Trained ST, DX or Grappling skill. He spends his CP on it.
Cassandra knows it's coming, and I ruled it was ok that she did not resist.
I then assume the contest would be versus the zombie's ST? Which is penalized for Cassandra's CP on it.

Maxi failed, so things didn't matter anyway, but the principle is important for us to establish.

Also, could Cassandra have used her own CP to lower the zombie's ST in the contest? I tend to allow this kind of teamwork, and I don't get too worked up about timing, and just let characters switch sequence - as long as they don't do double actions.
Anyway, Cassandra had the highest Basic Speed, so she could just have called a "Wait until Maxi pulls, and then I help".