View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 06:04 PM   #15
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: How to do Clairvoyance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to do something like D&D Clairvoyance: designate a position, and be able to see as if from there. I thought I had found a way to do it with just Crossroads, but I can't find it the rule now, and I may well have been mistaken.

So I looked at Magic and the Magic to RPM conversion, and that gives me some examples, but I don't quite follow the logic:

Wizard Eye: Lesser Control Matter (5) + Lesser Create Crossroads (6) + Lesser Create Matter (6) + Lesser Sense Crossroads (2) + Duration, 10 minutes (1) + Speed, 10 yds/second (4).*24 energy (24×1)

The calculation is perfectly clear. Create Matter is clearly for the eye itself, and Control Matter for moving it around.

However, I don't see what part Crossroads is playing here, because Crossroads seems to be all about gates and weak spots, from the description on p. 9 of Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic. Can anyone explain a bit?

Thanks in advance.
Crossroads is basically creating a small gate you can see through in the area. And that's one way to do it.

Another way would be to use Path of Mind to link your senses to a specific area far away. That would be a Control Mind effect. Possibly a Greater effect.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote