View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 09:27 AM   #108
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [Space/Thaumatology] Stargate: Fantasy - Worldbuilding thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
How did that go?
It went pretty well. It was the first game I ran a game other than play by post in about 10 years, and the first time I was playing with random people from the internet, so those issues dominated the game more than the setting. The setup of the game focused in on combat, and had a custom ultra-tech armor system, so the actual setting was not terribly visible to the players... but it was visible to me, and helped me come up with what mission came next.

The context was the players are modern people who have been taken by aliens who really can't fight, augmented with nano-tech, and used as space marines.

The campaign ended as we realized we wanted a less combat heavy game and moved on to something else. I refer to that game as "Boarders from Earth". It was something of a mess, not because of the setting, but because of player churn and the GM still finding his feet.

Quote:
Should I treat that as a YES? Also, edited the question to add something that I obviously forgot to include.
YES.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote