View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #35
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth
Both of them (as well as Namor and Namorita) are super-powered. Rank and file guys seem to be stronger than normals but get beat up by Daredevil (at least on land).
Andromeda entry:
"Strength Level: ... The average Atlantean male can lift (press) about 4 tons in air; at the very least, Andromeda can lift (press) 14 tons in air." Right there.

Atlanteans entry:
"Compared to the average air-breather, the average Atlantean is about 10 times stronger."

Kinda hard to argue against it being laid out in black and white. :)

Truthfully, though, I don't want to pick nits about these guys. In this Reboot Project of mine, this is how I envision the Atlanteans. I see their strength coming from the fact that they're swimming effortlessly though high-pressure water on the ocean floors; this will translate into higher ST scores. My own entry places them at ST 23 on average, which is far below the 4 ton range (that's about the bench-press 850 lbs. mark). A more accurate-to-the-source entry would have been an average ST 70.

As it is, ST 23 is on par with Captain America. Let's just leave it at that, shall we?

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 05-15-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote