View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 10:24 AM   #352
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will suggest to the guard to comment quietly to his companion that he doesn't see the person they are looking for. He is then going to try suggestion on the other one, accepting the penalty for multiple uses.... success
The two suddenly stop scanning person by person, and finish their scan of the room from where they are. Daymar sees them look directly at him, but the mind control keeps them scanning. They then talk to each other, and tell the officer something quietly. The officer scowls, and says something back, but they persist.

The officer orders the security guards to return. After all that fuss, and after shooting someone, they will have to move on emptyhanded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I begin wondering aloud who's in the other cell, in the hope that I'll be told simply to shut me up. [Acting to act like I'm just being curious?]

And then I sit down and try to relax a little. There's nothing I can do now.
Hua is told "Sorry, but we can't tell you. Maybe after we've sorted all of this out."

She is left in the room for what feels like about an hour.

At the end of the hour, four security members and an officer come in, and they start grilling her with questions about her background. Deep questions, like where she grew up, what teams she followed, and so forth. They're trying to trip her up, and doing a much more through job than the cursory interview everyone had after the fire.

Please roll acting, and if you want to make complementary rolls for filling in details or other tactics, go right ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
IC: That was awesome! Why did you pick that song (Nejora), by the way?
Nejora looks at her like she's dumb: "'Cause its a cool song."

Quote:
(OOC: As in Zybo will hear about Pacifica soon? Or as in everybody is waiting for the chance he fails, to make an example of him?)
As in everyone likes to talk about him. There are two contradictory stories of how he got his scar. Some people whisper he might actual be Malu, and was assigned on this ship as a precondition for military support. There are four different stories about who his malu father was. When speculating about minor ship policy changes his name always come up. Some of this can't be true, but surely just a little of it is?

He's that kind of guy.

Quote:
I guess this will eventually help me in gathering more passwords and critical information, besides building a (good) reputation.

1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ... success
She is fairly successful at spotting people who could use a little help with procedure and paperwork, and helps to smooth their work out. It becomes normal for her to be up and walking among the desks to visit specific people and help them out. She has five people she helps regular, mostly gunners, with a few more she helps occasionally in navigation.

None of them are NCO's, but she is hoping to walk past a gunner NCO station at the right moment very soon...

Quote:
Stealth +4:
3 + 2 + 2 = 7 ... success
Pacifica makes it to that first meeting, and to the others as well. The status for the others are as follows:

Daymar has mind controlled enough people around him that the cooks in his mess aren't using the pills properly, and his mess mates don't notice that he doesn't eat the flour. He's been busy mind controlling random people on the ship to cause chaos and hopefully provide cover for the real Dreadstormers.

Hua is still working on getting rid of the suppressants from her system. She's replaced all of the pills in her mess hall with fakes, and his hoping to have her powers by the time they meet up again. She also previously burned up half of the flour stores. Once she has her powers, she plans to disable large portions of the armory. And hopefully steal daymar a weapon as well.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote