View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 11:16 AM   #1
Lorinan

Default What do you do with a Skeletal Duck

So quick summary: Due to having players that love to just run rampantly random while exploring, our halfling thief now has a skeleton duck in their backpack. The duck ended up being a random acquisition resulting from good (though extremely random) Roleplay coupled with extremely good rolls, so I don't want to just have it waddle off after what the thief went through to acquire it. Now I need to figure out how to make this somewhat useful to the thief without giving him an overpowered item (though I'm sure he'll figure some way to twist whatever I do). I'm figuring that it'll be a companion of sort, but I can't find any references in Monsters 1 and 2, or in even the old DF Gurps materials for what kind of stats a skeletal duck should have.

Any direction someone can point me in for finding possible stat blocks for it would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, as a fledgling GM, I have learned that even when you have 3-4 paths planned to get the party to where you want them going, they will apparently always manage to find a 5th option you have to go off the cuff for.
Lorinan is offline   Reply With Quote