View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #44
combatmedic
Banned

Default Re: GURPS Fantasy , shared world, recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threlgar View Post
I doubt I have enough time to contribute on a regular basis, but you remembered me on a project I only got started with before it got lost in some drawer...

That setting was centered around the struggles after the collapse of a roman style empire. The empire had already declined for a long time, having grown too large, exhausted itīs resources and itīs nobility becoming increasingly decadent. Then a great barbarian leader with help from a sorcerer (himself in league with a great demon) united severeal barbarian tribes and invaded the empire. The empire defeated the barbarians, but the strain on itīs resources got too much - it splintered into some half a dozen successor states (not unlike the empire of Alexander the Great).

Had an interesting take on religion, too. The empire practiced ancestor worship, with an order of beneficial necromancers (!) acting as intermediaries between the living and the dead.

Huh, now I just get excited about that again... when Iīm home again, I will look for remnants of that old project...

This does sound cool, by the way. I especially like the beneficent necromancers.
combatmedic is offline   Reply With Quote