View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
Mister Ed

Default Re: Wandering Monster/Negotiating Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
As the second player in bokenboy's scenario I need to clarify a few points.

When the second monster was added I didn't try to back out of the help we negotiated. That help had already been given. The second monster added 2 levels and 4 treasures to the prize. Bokenboy didn't have the cards to defeat him. I did but it would have cleaned me out. I told bokenboy I would play the cards to defeat the second monster for the additional 4 treasures (he was getting the levels). The THIRD player (not party to our deal) objected to our renegotiating and insisted I had to stick to the original deal - meaning I was cleaning out my hand for 2nd and 4th treasure while Jim got 3 levels and 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th treasure.

I still maintain it's perfectly valid to renegotiate the division of spoils when circumstances change (monsters are added). That's the real question we need answered.
That seems legitimate. You are not in any way obligated to offer any assistance in the combat beyond adding your current combat strength. I see no difficulty in refusing to do anything more unless the combat owner sweetens the deal, as long as one recognizes that they get the final say on whether the original deal is altered.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote