View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 03:59 PM   #154
Paulon

Default Re: New Shopify Store!

There's a good rule of thumb I use when replacing something important: Make sure that the replacement can do everything necessary as well as what I was replacing.

Sadly, so far the new site has failed to do anything at all that I used/did on the old site better than what it's supposed to be replacing. (Admittedly I haven't tried actually purchasing anything, since there haven't been any GURPS releases for months, but that's another issue.) This has been an ongoing project for over six months since it was announced on this forum, and still hasn't managed to migrate user downloads and apparently very little of the criticism of the basic functions made since the first announcement in this thread has been considered worth addressing (ie Search results and page layout, downloads accessibility and sorting etc...)

Being blunt, unless there's some additional reason behind the scenes customers don't know about that absolutely required the old site to be shut down for purchases, the new store should be scrapped or taken down until it can be brought up to the minimum standards set by the previous version.

Right now the new store is a total and abject failure from the point of view of at least one customer who's been buying from SJGames since it was e23.