View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 01:03 PM   #24
Refplace

Default Re: Time to Cast a Spell Question and comabt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lameth View Post
Playing with this idea

All Out Attack [Missile Spell]You cast a Missile spell with blinding speed. You are able to Concentrate, have the spell appear in your hand, and throw it, all within one turn. You may take a -4 to skill, and give up your Active Defenses, or instead take -10 to skill to keep your active defenses. In both conditions this action will cost the spell caster an additional 2 Fatigue for that spell. Using this ability removes the ability of building the spell, but the caster is allowed the option to hold it or dispel if the situation changes.
I dont really like it.
-4 to skill is easy to soak and the higher skill to do so gives other benefits such as reduced energy cost.
The extra 2 FP and penalty to Active Defenses are more meaningful but its kind of clunky and I think still too much in favor of mages.
A M3 caster could toss a 3d missile much less expensively (point wise) then an archer.

I think a better model could be based off Move and Attack, the Wild Swing type penalty could keep archers from being overtaken.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote