Thread: Feats!
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 07:42 AM   #32
larsdangly

Default Re: Feats!

It' a good insight that published adventures can be a mixed bag, as they are a little like paying someone to fill in your coloring book. I guess I would draw a distinction between adventures that have replay value vs. those that don't. But it is unavoidable that the more you play other people's adventures the less time you spend putting your own creative stamp on your campaigns.

The up side of Legacy Edition, I would say, is that the level of support for at-table play is phenomenal; I can't think of a period in my gaming life when I've felt like I had more useful 'stuff' to mix and match for play sessions, often with minimal or no preparations.

And there is an interesting side to the published adventures that I don't think is true of most other games: most of them come with their own batches of supplies that add to your materials for self-created sessions. The SJG ones include counters and MH tiles that have a lot of replay value as separate components. And, perhaps most importantly, the GB ones now come with NPC and some monster cards - in fact I think the cards associated with
GB adventures might be 1/3 or so of all those now available for the system.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote